| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,367 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#74760 03/14/2007 1:38 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 | I am changing the routing of my speedometer cable. I will need a new one of different length. Where might I order a custom lenght cable if I can't find a "factory" one that's close? Thanks
Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
| | |
#74761 03/14/2007 2:03 AM | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | I'd first check with local auto parts stores. I know I'm a fossil but this is the kind of thing that a good store would stock. And, you would cut it to the length you need. The real auto parts stores used to be customer friendly. But maybe that's why the family left Tennessee? Good luck. And let me know how you do, we may move back. | | |
#74762 03/14/2007 2:31 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 | Hey JiMerit, Ya'll ain't kin to Jed Clampett are ya? I hear he's a live'n out thare. To be truthful, "Home grown folks are like home grown tomatoes, you just can't beat'um." Your always welcomed back.
Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
| | |
#74763 03/14/2007 2:35 AM | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 920 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 920 | NAPA has them in most common lengths. For mine, they either had one a little too long(63"), and one a little too short(50"). I used the longer one 1st, and then got a short one since it fit perfect along with the new adapter for my O.D.  | | |
#74764 03/14/2007 2:45 AM | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 | Got mine for a 235 w/T5 in a 54 chassis, from Autozone.
Dave | | |
#74765 03/14/2007 4:18 AM | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 920 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 920 | Also, it helps to bring your cable to the store so they can match the ends. | | |
#74766 03/15/2007 10:11 PM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 345 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 345 | Fla54- I don't mean to get too personal here, but do you remember how long your cable was? | | |
#74767 03/19/2007 4:45 AM | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 7 | You could check the local salvage yards. There are a lot of Mid to late 70s GM trucks that have 12 to 24 inch cable extensions. GM used them to reach the transfer cases on quite a few pickups. | | |
#74768 03/19/2007 3:53 PM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 | Thanks guys, good information. My old cable was routed across the top of the tranny for some reason. My "new" way is to hide the cable from view as much as possible. I will have to measure the new path and see if a wrecking yard has a match.
Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
| | |
| |
| |