The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (WICruiser, 2 invisible), 142 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#743210 04/28/2011 5:33 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
Hi All,
I am looking at the Lokar emergency brake cable set (rear) which is listed for '42 thru '54 ADs. Has anyone used this kit in a '55 to '59? I looks like it will work the same in the lokar images but they won't "guarantee" it will work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Not sure on this one Dan,I'm not that familiar with TFs,but I'm quite suprised Lokar do not do a model specific set-up for your truck.
Have you tried contacting their Tech Advice?


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
I talked to them a couple of times but they won't hazard a guess. Surely someone has done this.

Regards,
Dan

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 283
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 283
Try Ecklers Trucks .
I just ordered the rear brake cable for my 56. I was cleaning the whole assembly and broke the screw end off one cable trying to remove a badly rusted nut. A little spendy, but they look right to me. BTW - welcome to Stovebolt! Have no idea why they have your post in Hi-Po unless you're going to hot rod it and that didn't sound like your question.

Dale

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
the rear cables for the TF series may be available at a FLAPS near you, look for Raybestos # BC91949

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 119
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 119
I used the Lokar cable LOK-EC-81FU, connector LOK-EC8001U and pedal LOK-EFB-9001 (all Summit part numers). I had to do a little fabrication (https://picasaweb.google.com/ChrisAurit/PhotoHistory#5378302407026738418) to set the pedal, but the setup works perfectly.


[b]1957 Chevy Big Window 3100[.b]

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Picasa

It ain't broke 'til you can't fix it any more.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0