The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Shade Baby, Pete1946, frogfarmer, baldeagle, 1955 1 Series, Jon G, 1 invisible), 97 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
1959 Apache with a 235

Replaced my Rochester B with a Carter YF today. WOW I mean WOW. It idles way better. Has way better responce. I can put to gas on and it gose. It feals like a new truck in comparison. Made a quick video on it. There is a part were it is running at the end.



Thank you all stovebolters for your advise on carbs. It paid off.


Filter number is FF2307


1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

That is neat, action wrenching shots in progress!

I'm glad it's working better.

I've been trying to get my pop to dump the Rochester off of his '57 235 in his '53 for years now based on what I've read here on the 'bolt.

-W

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
It is really great. And since I broke my throttle cable I just have a small bolt in it and the gas is real touchy. Crazy neet stuff. Thanks


1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 46
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 46
Way better carb I am not getting rid of mine I tell ya

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 283
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 283
Nice video - thanks for putting it together and showing - not sure what my carburetor is - but I'm looking now. Thanks again --- Dale

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
Post up a photo and Ill let you know what the carb you have is or someone here can tell you if I cant. Lots of carb info on this site. Good luck


1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,362
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,362
And where to get one? Does the original oil bath aircleaner fit it?


Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
I got mine on ebay. But I have found some in junk yards that have been around a while. They will put the old cars in the back cause they know parts are hard to come by. Or at least they do in wyoming. The oil bath dose fit the Carter TF that I used.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 132
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 132
I switched to a Carter YF too, awhile ago. And I am very happy with its performance. All except that it still overflows and boils over at shut down. I know it's the quality of the gas we can get now, but I read here somewhere about modifying with an overflow capture system? We, the truck and I, live at high altitude, 7000 ft msl,
so that might have something to do with it, too. I have been searching posts about possibly changing again to Holley or Weber, but have not decided what to do next. But I agree that the Carter is an improvement over the rochester!


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0