Probably too late, but I recently purchased a new suspension, front and rear, from Performance Online. They are located in Fullerton, CA, so if you are close enough, you can will call the order and pick it up from them to avoid shipping charges.
I'm very happy with the order. It wasn't the cheapest purchase I've ever made, but the parts are quality. I originally wanted stock height, but I ended up choosing 2.5" low in the front and 3" low in the rear. None the less, Performance Online makes stock heights and lowered heights for multileaf or monoleaf springs. I also bought new shackles, shocks, bushings and sway bars for front and rear. I ordered on a Sunday, I'm about 150 miles away from the main headquarters and I had nearly all of my order by Tuesday.
I also got a rear-end upgrade kit that allows me to place a more modern Chevy 10 bolt rear end under my '53 and the mounting brackets for the leafs enable me to center the wheels in the wheel wells.
I have not begun installation yet. It seems pretty straight forward. The only thing I find odd is the lack of any formal installation instructions for any of the items ordered. Some items kind of had them, but they weren't very helpful. All I know is that I need to clearance part of the spring hanger, but I don't know what areas need to be clearanced...
That's my experience in a nutshell, hope it was somewhat helpful and good luck! I hope whatever you get meets and exceeds your expectations!
Last edited by SEMPERFInk; 05/05/2011 4:40 AM.