The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (R&S 51 GMC, Wayne67vert, Peggy M, baldeagle, delky), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#739699 04/16/2011 2:19 PM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
I bought a 1938 chevy pickup and licensed it in 1983 so far I have it torn apart(House,jobs,family thought of other things for me to do).I have a title in my name but it is not in KY,s computer so now a few hoops and I think I'll have a good title.
Hopefully I'll get back to work on this project and I found this site so maybe I can absorb some of the infinite knowledge that seems to spew forth from these post

Last edited by little38; 04/24/2011 9:19 PM.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 164

Welcome Little 38 from SC here.
This site is definatly full of any information you will need.
If it's not here you don't need it.
Would love to see some pics of your truck

You mat be able to apply for a lost title. Good Luck


Proud Southern Stovebolter
Share the past for our future:)
1964 C10
http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/chrisgardner07/CGG_64C10/
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome, little38, hopefully you can straighten out the title. Don't be afraid to ask whatever you need to know. Knowledge is the best resource.

Leo

Leo #739744 04/16/2011 4:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Best darn truck site on the web. You'll have friends all over the world!! Let us know how we can help.... .and get to work on the 38 smile Fifteen minutes a day and you'd be surprised what happens in a couple months.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,232
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,232
Hi little 38 -

Sturgis is not a major metroplis. My fraternity big brother is from Sturgis. Spent some quality time in Sturis. His mom owned the Dairy Maid ... in late '60's. I was from the big city of Bowling Green.

This is a great site. The amount of knowlede here is amazing.


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 695
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 695
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Best darn truck site on the web. You'll have friends all over the world!! Let us know how we can help.... .and get to work on the 38 smile Fifteen minutes a day and you'd be surprised what happens in a couple months.

DITTO!

If you made a task list and knocked out even a small item a day, you'll be surprised how much you can get done.

Have any pictures to share?

'38s ROCK!

Welcome to the Bolt!
Jerry


1959 Chevy Apache 3200 Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Restoration Journal on Facebook

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul." ~ George Bernard Shaw
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi little38,welcome from Scotland.
Your story's a familiar one.
It's good to see you've hung onto it through everything.
Now the truck's off the back burner,we look forward to following your progress.
The 'gang' here will keep you on the right track.
Good luck.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
allright, I've applied for a KY VIN and should hear from the state in a week or so. Hopefully it will accept my application it will be all good. I've got some pictures and will try to put the link on here. Thanks for the information that i have gleaned from this site. I now believe that my truck is a 3/4ton.Cowl plate numbers are 3HD05. Built in St.Louis,MO in May of 1938.
I am new to linking pictures so here I go.
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i338/Michael_Hardesty/DSCF0742.jpg


Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 10

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Thanks for the encouragement from all the bolters and LonnieC,Sturgis has probably gotten smaller since you were here just like many small towns across the US it has its problems but I could not imagine living anywhere else.OK the rain seems to have let up here i go to clean out a gutter that i just noticed. 5.25in just the last two days


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0