| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
191
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 | I have been told by several sources that the GMC rockers will fit in the Chevy sixes if the towers are shortened. I don't doubt my sources but I'm sure interested in the advice any of you astute gentlemen may have. Normbc9 | | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 1,922 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 1,922 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I don't think that would work. The Chev valves are on different angles, I believe. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 | Thanks truckernix. I did get a call from Anderson, Ca at Rocker Arms and they have new in the box 1.6 arms for the 216. That will meet my needs perfectly. Since I have gone on the site I have obtained so much good information and tips from the members that it really amazing. Normbc9 | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | 1.6? I thought the 216 rockers were a 1.4 ratio. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Some GMC rocker arms will fit Chevrolet 216/235s. It's roughly every 4th one or some such. The only reason I know is that my 248 broke several rocker arms and I only had Chevy parts to play with so I went ahead and tried them. They fit fine, just a little different in shape/size.
Some of the rocker arms work, at least half don't due to the different valve angles.
Jeff | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 | Just to add to this I did find a new in the box full set of Chevy 216 High Lift Rocker arms and they were at a reasonable price.The use of any substitute is now off the table. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Normbc9 | | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 1,922 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 1,922 | Never heard of high lift exhaust rockers. | | |
| |
| |