The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bill Hanlon, DES57, Tom McGrath), 118 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,117
Posts1,056,296
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#734698 03/30/2011 4:57 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 34
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 34
Looking to buy a set of paint guns to restore a 51 chevy 3600. Any decent values out there on a decent set of guns. Looking for a set to three guns or so that isnt to expensive, yet does a decent job. Any thought would be appreciated. Thanks

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
I painted my truck with Farm and tractor enamel using the Harbor freight guns.

This one for primer.

and this pair for finish paint.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I also noted in an Eastwood sale flyer yesterday they have one on sale..and come's with a touch up gun...if interested.I think it was a package deal for $159. (HVLPs)

..... and Welcome to the Stovebolt.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 03/30/2011 5:54 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
I bought one of THESE and found it to be a HUGE improvement over the Harbor Freight guns I used to brag up. My only issue was that the 1.8 tip was too big so I swapped it out for the 1.5 tip (included) and no more issues,

I still use the HF touch-up gun and like it.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 78
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 78
I bought the DeVilbiss Plus and love it, comes with 3 nozzles and was US made..


1951 chevy 3100 short bed frame off resto.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 34
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 34
The Devilbiss Auto Painting/Priming system, #802343, Looks like a good set up to me. $139.99, any opinions/experience with this kit?

Last edited by tsteckle; 03/31/2011 11:47 PM.
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 90
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 90
I have a Devilbiss that was my fathers, and its pure magic, it lets you when you get it dialed in get away with so much more, with other guns ive used it was pull the trigger and prey with the DevilbissEven a nimbnomb like me can spray lol


1954 3600 With 1950's Powers of St Louis Utility Bed.

My truck

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0