| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,448 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 201 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 201 | Im going to build up a 250 I6 for my 54 chevy truck and I picked up a TBI from a 1993 Chevy Suburban for the 250 I6. Will this work well or am I going to run into some probles? Or does all TBI's work with either 8 or 6 cylenders? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 | It should work just fine. You'll need an adapter. Maybe an aftermarket 4 bbl carb intake manifold will work. You'll probably have to just try it and see, since I think the oxygen sensor you'll have to install on your exhaust should be able to adjust for the fuel needs. Interesting idea.
52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup 68 Big Block Vette 68 455 Firebird | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | you might use a throttle body from a 4.3 V6 | | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 201 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 201 | if I get a TBI from a v6 will I need the computer from that car too? HOT ROD DAD has a good point I think with the O2 sensor adjusting the fuel for it. ???? | | |
| |
| |