The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Nhluvstruck, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, DHedrick, Ponchogl, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#722443 02/19/2011 5:04 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
I would like to know how to tell the difference between 37 1/2 ton front fenders verses 1 1/2 ton front fenders. Thanks for any imput.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Welcome to The Stovebolt, johnni!!

The 1-1/2 ton front fenders have a larger wheel opening than the 1/2 ton. However, it isn't that easy to spot when they are laying on the ground at a meet.
Another way to tell the difference, which is better, is that the 1-1/2 ton fenders are not notched for the bumper brace to bolt to the frame and the 1/2 ton fenders are notched for the bumpers braces. That is probably the best way to tell the difference immediately on sight, but I have seen some 1-1/2 ton fenders notched and used on the pickups.

Last edited by 6cylindersovertexas; 02/19/2011 6:17 PM.

"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the bolt johnni. Joe is right. I had a set of those big fenders and wanted to put them on my 1/2 ton but the openings don't look right on the 1/2 ton. I ended up buying me some fiberglass and they have held up quite well the past 10 yrs.

Good luck.... and how about some pics when you can link us to some.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0