The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, 1955 1 Series, 55shaker, Wally / Montana), 119 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,448
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Hi,
My name is Michael and I'm in Gilbert AZ.

I just picked up a 1964 GMC 3/4 ton truck. It runs great but needs some obvious cosmetic love. It's a 305 v6 with 4-speed manual and working Montgomery Ward AC! I am really looking forward to the restoration and being a part of this forum. I learned to drive a stick on my dad's '64 Chevy 3-on-the-tree. I'm new to restoration, but have always done the mechanical work on my vehicles when possible (including my '82 HD ironhead sportster). Here are some pics:

sorry, not sure why the img tags aren't working

[img]http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/1024x768/P1040465_1024x768.jpg[/img]

[img]http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/1024x768/0129011329b_1024x768.jpg[/img]

[img]http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/1024x768/P1040469_1024x768.jpg[/img]

[img]http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/1024x768/P1040470_1024x768.jpg[/img]

[img]http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/1024x768/P1040471_1024x768.jpg[/img]

[img]http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/1024x768/P1040473_1024x768.jpg[/img]

[img]http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/1024x768/P1040476_1024x768.jpg[/img]

Last edited by mweishaa; 02/02/2011 4:40 PM.

There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master.
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
nice to see a GMC out there, unmolested.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
T
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
Hi Michael welcome aboard. Nice old truck you have there. The shop where I've been having my work done is in the final throws of restoing a 64 that started out looking a lot like yours. It looks great too. I see you're already breaking in another prospective bolter as well. I think you'll find a lot of good stuff here.


1951 Chevy 1-Ton Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Pictures of the restoration on Photobucket
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
RIP good friend.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Bolt Michael. Nice driver you have there. Thanks for the pictures. I see you also have some good help!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Michael, if you're as excited as your young lad, it'll be finished in no time.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Welcome Michael, nice pics, good luck on your resto!!


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0