Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Shade Baby, Pete1946, frogfarmer, baldeagle, 1955 1 Series, Jon G, 1 invisible),
97
guests, and
8
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 55 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 55 | I may appear a fool by posting this ('cause everyone BUT me may already know this), but were y'all aware that there are folks selling clutch head sockets? I found some while doing a "Google" search, and noticed 2 sellers on eBay. I thought I had a "great" idea for a patent...until my wife convinced me to search on Google first to make sure no one else had them...Lost $5 to her  | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | Doh! do your research before betting with the wife.  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 461 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 461 | Mark,
You are right about the sockets, I recall an earlier post about Snap on having a set I believe. You can never have too many tools in my book. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | I'm having trouble picturing a clutch head "socket". Do you mean a socket that holds a clutch head driver?
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 194 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 194 | You can get screw drivers, drivers that fit 1/4 inch sockets, most won't remove really rusted screws. I usually drill them and use an easy out. Next is the grinder.
Why would you bet with your wife, she is never wrong! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 55 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 55 | Tiny, Kinda like you describe. Here's a link to a couple of the ads I found on eBay. Guy was asking $24.95 "or best offer" so I offered $19.95 and he accepted. I jumped on it and bought a set so I can see how they work. I want to use clutch head bolts on the front end also, and tightening those things as tight as you want to get them with just the screwdrivers can be a bear. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/clut...tageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Snap-On has them, pretty sure I've posted some part numbers before... They take a 3/8" square drive but have the "clutch" shape on the other end.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Tiny, Kinda like you describe. Here's a link to a couple of the ads I found on eBay. Guy was asking $24.95 "or best offer" so I offered $19.95 and he accepted. I jumped on it and bought a set so I can see how they work. I want to use clutch head bolts on the front end also, and tightening those things as tight as you want to get them with just the screwdrivers can be a bear. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/clut...tageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesThat's what I thought you were referring to. Just semantics is all. 
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 474 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 474 | There great in a drill ,1/4 ratchet and apex screwdriver handle.Life time warranty about $2.55 each.part numbers are SNAP ON SDM242G SDM243G SDM244G SDM245G SDM246G Hope this can help. | | |
| |