The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE), 132 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#706666 12/27/2010 6:49 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
I may appear a fool by posting this ('cause everyone BUT me may already know this), but were y'all aware that there are folks selling clutch head sockets? I found some while doing a "Google" search, and noticed 2 sellers on eBay.

I thought I had a "great" idea for a patent...until my wife convinced me to search on Google first to make sure no one else had them...Lost $5 to her frown

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Doh! do your research before betting with the wife. grin


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 461
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 461
Mark,

You are right about the sockets, I recall an earlier post about Snap on having a set I believe. You can never have too many tools in my book.


1951 restoration on website
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.hanklong.com
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
I'm having trouble picturing a clutch head "socket". Do you mean a socket that holds a clutch head driver?


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 194
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 194
You can get screw drivers, drivers that fit 1/4 inch sockets, most won't remove really rusted screws. I usually drill them and use an easy out. Next is the grinder.

Why would you bet with your wife, she is never wrong!


1954 Chevy Half-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Shutterfly
More pix on Photobucket

1958 Chevy 1/2-Ton Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

<> + <> + <> + <> + <>
"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~~ OLD FROG
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
Tiny,
Kinda like you describe. Here's a link to a couple of the ads I found on eBay. Guy was asking $24.95 "or best offer" so I offered $19.95 and he accepted. I jumped on it and bought a set so I can see how they work. I want to use clutch head bolts on the front end also, and tightening those things as tight as you want to get them with just the screwdrivers can be a bear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/clut...tageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Snap-On has them, pretty sure I've posted some part numbers before...
They take a 3/8" square drive but have the "clutch" shape on the other end.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by 52Mark
Tiny,
Kinda like you describe. Here's a link to a couple of the ads I found on eBay. Guy was asking $24.95 "or best offer" so I offered $19.95 and he accepted. I jumped on it and bought a set so I can see how they work. I want to use clutch head bolts on the front end also, and tightening those things as tight as you want to get them with just the screwdrivers can be a bear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/clut...tageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
That's what I thought you were referring to. Just semantics is all. grin


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
There great in a drill ,1/4 ratchet and apex screwdriver handle.Life time warranty about $2.55 each.part numbers are
SNAP ON
SDM242G
SDM243G
SDM244G
SDM245G
SDM246G
Hope this can help.


Stovebolt Gallery
1952 Chevy 3100
1953 Chevy 4400
1965 Nova
Pics on Photobucket

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0