The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jay R, 52Carl, 78buckshot, TooMany2count, walter74, Bill Hanlon, Barry Martak, Charles in CA, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#703781 12/15/2010 10:37 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 23
Z
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Z Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 23
Anybody have any specs on where the motor mounts should go when putting a 350 in 1936 pickup?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I welded a crossmember under/to my original frame. Unfortunately that was 10years ago and I didn't take pics or keep measurements.

BUT it will depend on what kind of mounts you use. The orignals have a "slant" to them but some aftermarket ones like I used on my 52 panel bolt to the block and then sit straight down on the mount that is bolted or welded to the chassis. You can see this kind by checking out them out in my photobucket below. If you send me and email I can send you a copy of the instructions for them that may give you the right idea.

I suggest checking out the web site for Chassis Engineering. I think they make a set of mounts for the 37 (surely the 356 to) that fit right in the chassis like my 52.
Hope this helps in some way.

As a precaution I might at that if you have a spare engine block and tranny shell, "set them in" to "mock up" the mounts before you do any welding so it'll be centered ect. I had to do that putting the 350 in my 37 pickup so that I did not mess with the firewall and still had plenty of room for the distributor.

EDIT: This link may help you
http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/page11.html

Last edited by Achipmunk; 12/15/2010 10:54 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 843
Y
yar Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 843
Zekein36, my '36 pickup is restored now, but before I restored it I ran it for about 50,000 miles as a sbc Chevy powered rat rod while I was in college. You can easily make your own engine mounts that will mount the engine without any interference with the existing cross members, steering box or firewall.

Back in the 60's when I did it at the front I used 2 inch square tubing woth plates welded to the ends to bolt to the frame and to the stock Chevy engine mounts. At the rear I used an OEM Chevy bellhousing with outward slanted engine mounting pads on its bottom and fabricated brackets to bolt to the stock cross member.

For an exhaust system I made my own headers copying a Doug's Headers tri-Y set and large reverse flow mufflers and an H-pipe. It was torquey and very quiet.

The home made engine mounts were bolted in and when I decided to restore it I just welded up the holes and ground the welds smooth.


Ray
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Hve a look at the catalog that these people have. I am going to use their shock conversion on the front of my 38.
Chassis Engineering


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0