The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, TUTS 59, dt235sd, 1 invisible), 146 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#699198 11/29/2010 5:38 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
Hello all! New Guy here from Weeki Wachee, Fl. Glad to be here. Currently tinkering on a 63 GMC Stepside.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Bolt. You will find lots of GMC guys around the shop and lots of info. Keep us posted and let us know how we can help..... and some pics when you can.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Tommy. You need to do a lot of tinkering or is it pretty much road worthy?

Leo

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
When I purchased the truck it ran pretty good (307 with a powerglide). It was "on the road" but I did not consider it road worthy. I got it home and found the glide was shot. As for the body; the bed was barely bolted on, no bed floor ; just a piece of plywood dropped in, rusted out cab floor,rockers and lower doors. 200 lbs. of replacement steel and a TH350 later she's looking pretty good.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
Hi Tommy454,

Don't give up hope I'm just now getting around to painting my truck (3 into 1) next week/month. Been at the quest for 10 years now. Katrina set me back 3-4, had to do her all again.
I'm just down the beach a ways over in Lacombe, LA.

I too have a GMC (Gets More CHECKS) I kept the 305 V-6 and a 4sp. cast iron hydra-matic, I'm a purest, thats what's taken me so darn long.


1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
This truck is Project "Stress Relief". In the last week I've managed to swap the tranny, repair the holes in the rear fenders (back up lights) swap out the three on the tree column with an automatic, rewire the column light harness, install 4-ways and give her a fresh coat of primer sealer. After that I am feeling no stress !!!
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a402/tcook13170/1963GMC001.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a402/tcook13170/63GMC003.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a402/tcook13170/P1010022-1.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a402/tcook13170/P1010024-1.jpg

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Tommy,Welcome to the 'bolt.
I checked out your pics, looks good!
Glad to hear the stress relief's working.
BTW is the Chevy in the garage yours too?It looks pretty sharp!

Last edited by jockbolter50; 11/29/2010 9:00 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
Everyone needs a little stress relief from time to time ;and the 55 is also mine (owned it since 1990).

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Thanks for posting those pictures. Your well on your way to have a sweet pickup.
But I must say... I want the 55 dance

Last edited by Achipmunk; 11/30/2010 5:24 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
But I must say... I want the 55 dance

Hey you! Join the queue!! grin


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0