Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible),
117
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,464 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 14 | Hello all! New Guy here from Weeki Wachee, Fl. Glad to be here. Currently tinkering on a 63 GMC Stepside. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Bolt. You will find lots of GMC guys around the shop and lots of info. Keep us posted and let us know how we can help..... and some pics when you can. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome Tommy. You need to do a lot of tinkering or is it pretty much road worthy?
Leo | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 14 | When I purchased the truck it ran pretty good (307 with a powerglide). It was "on the road" but I did not consider it road worthy. I got it home and found the glide was shot. As for the body; the bed was barely bolted on, no bed floor ; just a piece of plywood dropped in, rusted out cab floor,rockers and lower doors. 200 lbs. of replacement steel and a TH350 later she's looking pretty good. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 | Hi Tommy454,
Don't give up hope I'm just now getting around to painting my truck (3 into 1) next week/month. Been at the quest for 10 years now. Katrina set me back 3-4, had to do her all again. I'm just down the beach a ways over in Lacombe, LA.
I too have a GMC (Gets More CHECKS) I kept the 305 V-6 and a 4sp. cast iron hydra-matic, I'm a purest, thats what's taken me so darn long. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi Tommy,Welcome to the 'bolt. I checked out your pics, looks good! Glad to hear the stress relief's working. BTW is the Chevy in the garage yours too?It looks pretty sharp!
Last edited by jockbolter50; 11/29/2010 9:00 PM.
1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 14 | Everyone needs a little stress relief from time to time ;and the 55 is also mine (owned it since 1990). | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Thanks for posting those pictures. Your well on your way to have a sweet pickup. But I must say... I want the 55 
Last edited by Achipmunk; 11/30/2010 5:24 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | But I must say... I want the 55  Hey you! Join the queue!!  1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | |
| |