Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,423 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 2 | Went to my sister's house last Sun. and saw this beauty sittin under a tree. When I asked my bro-in-law about it, he said he got it at an auction up north in MO and drove it home just to haul gravel from the quarry to redo his drive. It has been sitting since. (About 3 years.) He pulled the intake off the carb, dumped in a little ether, and she fired right up off a batt. box. He said everything works, but mentioned something about the controller. He'll take half what he paid for it, which means a hell of a deal for me. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but don't have a welder, etc. I also have no idea what I'd be getting into with something of this era. My experience is with late model V8's. I also don't know anything specific to C60's so I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to take on yet another project. I don't have any more room in my drive and no land to park it on where I could work on it easily. The good thing is, all I think I'd really want to do is rig up some seating, (the bench needs redone or replaced) pull all the wood out of the bed and replace with something like expanded metal, replace the dry rot tires, maybe do something with the glass and seals, black primer all over, and keep on a driving. I would assume that EVERYTHING needs servicing and possible motor / tranny rebuilt. It's a 4-5 speed with 2 speed rear end. He said it likes to jump out of 1st. so you have to hold it in gear. The pumpkin has obvious signs of a leak. Other than that, I don't think it's too bad off. Thoughts / opinions? Value? I heard that the cab mounts can be a problem area. http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr296/JackalAR/C60/Photo0106.jpgMore pics here: http://s493.photobucket.com/albums/rr296/JackalAR/C60/
Last edited by JackalAR; 11/23/2010 10:40 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Cab appears to be in good shape and is worthy of a restoration. Here are some questions that come to mind which would help many of us answer your question. 1. what engine does it have? 2. is the tranny a 4 or a 5 speed. You mentioned both. 3. what does he mean by the word "controller"? 4. you said the bed has a bad floor, easy enough to fix but what about the hoist?
The thing you said about not having any room for it could be the killer. If you live in an area where folks or the cops object to something like this sitting on the street then you definately need to pass on it, IMHO. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Not having a use for it is also a reason to leave it alone. I can't see spending money fixing or even storing a truck I don't have much interest or any use for.
Just because it's "cheap" doesn't mean you need it, but if you really want it then by all means go for it.
Grigg
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 24 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 24 | Also keep in mind there is much more involved in the brake system, tires and wheels than on a lighter duty truck of the same era. I have a rough 1959 Viking 60 and cannot afford to replace the tires and wheels because they would cost double what I paid for the truck. I bought my truck for a job on my property which it has already accomplished. If I had not needed the truck, I would never have purchased it.
Maybe someone else can verify, but those look like Firestone RH-5 rims (same as mine). That would mean they need replacing ASAP due to safety reasons. That is part of my problem!
I don't blame you for being interested in it, that's a nice looking truck. The cab looks to be in much better condition than mine!!
Last edited by bullittben; 11/24/2010 11:56 AM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Maybe someone else can verify, but those look like Firestone RH-5 rims (same as mine). That would mean they need replacing ASAP due to safety reasons. That is part of my problem! Yep, I saw that too. Grigg | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 114 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2008 Posts: 114 | That's a nice lookin' cab on that truck. So many of them are rusted out below the doors, quarter panels, etc... that truck is certainly worth saving. It would be great to have that truck under a shelter, it won't stay rust free much longer if it stays outside.
James | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 2 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 2 | Thanks guys. I believe it has the 261 in it, and he said it was a 4 speed. I had no idea about the RH-5 rims, and that pretty well makes up my mind for me. Thanks for your time / info. | | |
| |