| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,482 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | Working on my '51 chevy truck 1/2 ton with a deluxe heater. The motor for the heater has now been changed to a 12v motor and so has been all the electrical system. I am in the process of installing the switch...here comes the question. I like the looks of the 6v switch and find the 12 volts switch rather funny looking, can I used the 6 volts switch (if so, how?) instead of using the 12 volts one? http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdVi...1ee0nwga701&page=1&viewMode=listPart No. 47-03905 for the 6 volts switch I like and Part No. 47-03906 12 volts which I would rather not have to use. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | The six volt switch will be heavier duty than the 12 volt one. You will be able to use it no problem.
That is a good catalog, haven't heard of them before. That may be another good parts source for all the fellow stovebolters. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | likely the resistance of the 2 would be different for different voltage and motor current requirements [I=E/R] - if looks are the main consideration try the 6v one and see if it burns out, if so buy the 12v and switch the face plate and knob  Bill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | The six volt switch will be heavier duty than the 12 volt one. You will be able to use it no problem.
That is a good catalog, haven't heard of them before. That may be another good parts source for all the fellow stovebolters. Is a good place to buy parts from and is only about 30 minutes from my place and they got most everything on stock...can't beat that! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | likely the resistance of the 2 would be different for different voltage and motor current requirements [I=E/R] - if looks are the main consideration try the 6v one and see if it burns out, if so buy the 12v and switch the face plate and knob  Bill Thanks Bill, I already try switching out the face plates but the mechanism and the connection to the knob are different...worst comes to worst I will end up epoxing the knob and customizing the faceplate to fit. I will try it with the 6 volt switch by itself and see if it won't burn up. Thx | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | I just installed the 12v one and it sucks. It's a flimsy POS that won't clamp tightly and every vendor sell the same junk.
Last edited by Czechman; 11/16/2010 12:34 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | I just installed the 12v one and it sucks. It's a flimsy POS that won't clamp tightly and every vendor sell the same junk. I bought the new 12v switch. Never installed it. The backing cracked in pieces while waiting to be installed. Its junk. New 12v switch pic If possible use an original. Good Luck | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | I just installed the 12v one and it sucks. It's a flimsy POS that won't clamp tightly and every vendor sell the same junk. I bought the new 12v switch. Never installed it. The backing cracked in pieces while waiting to be installed. Its junk. New 12v switch pic If possible use an original. Wow!!! That's good to know. I am installing my 6volts unit for sure and taking my chances....Those new switches are junk. Good Luck | | |
| |
| |