Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 261 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 261 | Hi All,
Does anyone know what type of font is used in the "Chevrolet", trim piece above the speaker grill. The closest I can come up with is Broadway font?
Thanks,
skipper
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | That font was designed specifically by Chevrolet Graphics Department for that specific use. There may be some stock fonts with a faint resemblance (like Broadway which isn't even close) but nothing closer.
Auto manufacturers spend lots of money on graphics and seldom, or never, use existing fonts for their corporate identity.
Why do you ask? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | rc356s, for what year / model truck?
someone on here might can guide you somewhere.
-W | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 261 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 261 | Sorry,I always forget to include my info. My truck is a 1950 1/2 ton and I would like to get the correct font to make a stencil to paint the script on my tool box and maybe my valve cover.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | Read my original post. If all you want is to duplicate the word CHEVROLET take the part to a sign shop and they can scan and reproduce it then cut you some vinyl letters in any size. BTW, I'm retired after 35 years in graphics where re-creating old fonts with Fontographer was my speciality. Recently I made a set of rub-down transfers to restore my instrument cluster and had to re-create the font to do so. Details can be seen HERE | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | I think I would sell your transfers to make some extra money for your truck fund. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | I think I would follow woodys advice.
Tim
Last edited by cletis; 10/25/2010 11:38 PM. Reason: removed offer to buy
1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | If I wasn't up to my ears in my truck I'd get serious about this and expand the line. There are some variations between years and GMC/Chevy.
Editor's note: Buying and selling is not allowed in General Truck Talk. Please use PM for inquiries.
Last edited by cletis; 10/25/2010 11:42 PM. Reason: removed link to parts for sale.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 | Resurrecting an old post ...
Do any of you have a high resolution "Chevrolet" graphic file that I can use to create vinyl letters for my '54 dash? I'd like to see if a sign shop can make them.
Thanks,
- Lonnie
- Lonnie My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt. OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 | Resurrecting this old post again. I created CHEVROLET letters for my '54 dash. I summarized it in a new thread about '54 dash details. > '54 Dash Letters, Stripes, Grille, Bowtie
- Lonnie My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt. OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | We don't usually allow notification of a new post in another forum but we'll make an exception this time. This is good stuff. | | |
| |