The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (TGP, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, greenie-reddy, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny), 178 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#687873 10/20/2010 11:31 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
looking to purchase a chrome grill for my 49 from Brothers...seems to be a decent deal..On sale for $337.00....Has anybody purchased a grill from them..I know alot of people complain about the fitment of aftermarket grills...just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them......dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
The quality is not like the original .I did install one a few months ago for a friend from Brothers.Over all a good grill.I think there all from the same supplier ,I'm sure some will will correct me if I'm wrong! You should be happy with the grill overall and that is a good price.


Stovebolt Gallery
1952 Chevy 3100
1953 Chevy 4400
1965 Nova
Pics on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
As stated they probably ultimately all come from one or 2 places. I'm happy with the fit/finish on mine and if there's anything to complain about it would be that the radiuses at the ends of the bars are not formed as well as the originals but you have to look closely with them side by side to really notice it.



1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
.....if you look real close at mine it appears some "dust" was on the metal when it was plated. Overall though, for $349 to my front door was not a bad price and since it'll live most of its life inside I think it will be OK....just polish it once in a while!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
Well,I pulled the trigger today.$386.00 with shipping it from Calif.to Ohio....I'm happy with the price....
I bought a new painted one some years back when I decided I wanted to do the mono thing and paint everything...I've never installed it.....Ol Bob finally yelled loud enough to get my attention to tell me he wanted chrome

dave

Last edited by cletis; 10/23/2010 2:31 AM. Reason: removed reference to parts for sale.

1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
David, as all you know, you can not compare the quality between repro and original grills. My advise is to keep the repro one always waxed, because if you let alone (on hard climates), could rust with the pass of time.
thanks,
Alfonso


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0