The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (frogfarmer, Steelonsteel, Gray_Ghost, TUTS 59, 2 invisible), 176 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
Okay, I bought new headlight wiring pigtail and the only indication of what the wires do is on the back of the plug the bulb mounts into. Drive, Pass, Ground. My wiring harness has 3 colored wires Headlight High, Low, and ground. I figured out the ground, but how can I tell which of the other wires go to which wire from the harness?

Second question... My parking lights are equipped to act as blinkers. I have 2 wires coming from the bulb assembly, one green and one black. How do I know which one is for the park light and which one for the flasher. I have wiring diagrams, but none address the aftermarket lights I had to buy.

Thanks a bunch!
aNDY

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
Power the lights up, one at a time, the brighter one will be for the turn.


1953 Chevy Two-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Be careful calling yourself a expert,because an "EX" is a hasbeen and a"SPERT" is a drip under pressure.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
I'm still in the early stages of the wiring process and don't have a lot of stuff hooked up. Is there a way to test that without having everything hooked up? I've also considered making them all male-female connections for when I do get it all hooked up I can just switch em if they are wrong.

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
You can use a battery and a jumper wire, jumper to ground and light body, wires from bulb to positive.


1953 Chevy Two-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Be careful calling yourself a expert,because an "EX" is a hasbeen and a"SPERT" is a drip under pressure.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
I appreciate the info!


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0