The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel, Guitplayer, Shade Baby, cmayna, Gray_Ghost), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#686680 10/16/2010 4:50 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
college kid in a Jeep rear-ended me at the traffic light. put my hitch in his bumper. truck didn't move at all, I only noticed it because of the noise it made. didn't bother with cops or insurance, felt sorry for the kid, no need to mess up his driving record or insurance premium.
but yeah, talking about safety, good old heavy american steel goes a long way


I LOVE MY TRUCK

1959 Chevrolet Apache 38 Panel Truck in the Gallery
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
Is your 59 still yellow? How embarassing to have missed it at a light. Yeah, I like it. Wish my 58 GMC was a panel.
Larry


58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 105
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 105
If you were in a car made in the 2000's you'd have your trailer hitch up under your knees.
Long live Stovebolts!


1958 Chevy Apache Fleetside/235/3 sp
Pictures at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=317454&id=855355703&l=0a0f773195
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
seetz, glad you weren't hurt pal. My wife understand rear end collisions. TWO in one year. One at a stop sign the other at a red light. One kid, one grown, up texting and talking. Both of them!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Glad your OK,I hope the truck wasn't too badly hurt either.

If it had been the other way round, your truck would have had a Jeep hood ornament!

Last edited by jockbolter50; 10/17/2010 9:59 AM. Reason: Grammar

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
Accident ? I think that's a poor choice of words or an old term that needs to be retired.
Two vehicles coming together sounds like a collision, caused by bad driving or as in chipmunks case distracted driving.

I got a bumper sticker, it says...Hang Up, And Drive.

I have no use for people who think they can do both at the same time, and texting is worse.

Dan


Remember your freedom - US Veterans provided it.
101st Screaming Eagles
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
I live in a college town. You would not beleive the number of rear enders and near misses that occur around hear from Sept. to May. Cell phones look like a growth on ears that don't seem to go away. And NJ has a ban on any cell phone use by the driver. It's useless and is hardly ever enforced.


Drew
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
i had something like that happen in my '66 years ago. an older lady was distracted and came up on stoped traffic in the left lane, way to fast. she swerved over to miss rearending them and rear ended me in the right lane. smart choice on her part. she totaled her car. but mine had a huge back bumper on my dump bed- did nothing to it! i felt it hit and she pushed the truck foward but not enough for me to hit the car in front of me. her car was toast, one more buick sent to the promise land!
the funniest thing was her insurance contacted me and insisted on paying for the scratches on my bumper. i told them the dump bed still worked and no harm done, but they sent me $500 anyway. i guess they didn't want me changing my mind and cryin' whiplash.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
I've been thinking of a bumper sticker, but then I thought, if you miss a yellow 1 ton panel truck, you will never ever see a bumper sticker! actually, come to think of it, is there a bumper sticker that says "I eat Japanese for breakfast"?


I LOVE MY TRUCK

1959 Chevrolet Apache 38 Panel Truck in the Gallery

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0