The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
10 members (Phak1, klhansen, 3800GUY, Still At It, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, 53&Me, 3 invisible), 90 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,137
Posts1,056,437
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#684116 10/08/2010 1:37 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 255
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 255
Thinking about replacing the rear spring bushings and pins on my 38 Chevy 1/2 ton. It has the threaded bushing type - are the replacement ones from Jim Carter and Bowtie Bits the same type? Also thinking of removing the 2 bottom leaves on the spring pack to soften the ride a little. Am I asking for trouble if I do this? Thanks in advance!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I suspect BowtieBits and Jim may get them from the same place. Since your in Tenn. and JimCarter is Stovebolt friendly and gives Stovebolters a 10% discount amd only actual shipping cost so it may be more economical to get them from Jim. Many others have them.

Can't help you on the springs. I've never done that. However I am running all my original springs on my 37 with a nice set of shocks mounted under it and it rides pretty good.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 54
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 54
I am in Tennessee also and have found that Advance Auto and O'Reilly parts can order some of these old parts and get new old stock. The parts that I get from them are cheaper and made in USA. The things I have ordered are for a 46 but it would be worth a try.


Monroe McKill

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0