The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (mick53, 1955 1 Series, klhansen, Shade Baby), 101 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#684008 10/07/2010 4:29 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
I have an appointment this evening to drive my truck to a quonset in the country, unhook the battery, put the cover on and say goodbye for at least 6 months. I can’t shake the feeling of dread like my dog died or the urge to ditch work and spend the day driving it like I stole it. Is this incurable?



1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Curt - Why?


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 679
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 679
I think it is a location thing...

A friend of mine up north was telling me he was putting his ride into hibernation. It is ironic that this is my favorite time for taking mine out on the road, now that it isn't so hot! My daughter and I went to Sonic last Tuesday for "Oldies Night". The carhops were wearing poodle skirts! smile

Bill

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Don't forget to put Sta-bil in the gas.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
yea, i put mine away for the summer (too hot and humid here), and love it when winter finally hits..

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I'm glad I live where we can drive 'em year round.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
I'll have to do the same thing as and when mine finally hits the road,thanks to the copious amounts of rocksalt they throw on the roads here.
Thankfully it's not for as long as 6 months though.... frown

Curt,you can offset the withdrawal pains with regular visits to Stovebolt.com.
Do you also raise the truck onto stands to avoid tyre flatspotting?


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
There is no known cure and it can be terminal.

Weeds

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Get one you can drive year round. i am lucky that there few times i can't drive mine, when salt is on the road. i was called to sub. at another store this afternoon and i will drive the truck about 40 miles round trip.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Mine are put away for the winter.That means my shop is now full.

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
move to Tx for six months, you might even want to stay.. problem solved.


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
See, I knew there was a good reason I live in Florida - 365 days of driving pleasure and no salt other than at the beach......


My Fleet:
1941
1953
1959
1965
1966
1953 Willy's Pickup

John

Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
I drove mine 150 miles this week and i am planning to drive it to work and shopping today. but i do wish the price of gas would not keep going up. 20 cents a gallon this week. my in town mpg is about 12-14.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
Originally Posted by joker
move to Tx for six months, you might even want to stay.. problem solved.

I lived in Odessa for 2 years and Houston/Sugarland for 6 more and have seen all the great things in Texas with the exception of Joe Fuch's garage/vintage parts collection. I guess I came back here as I could not find anywhere in Texas to do this and somebody has to be here to dig up the backyard to power those stovebolts to the south. I made my first attempt at a You Tube video to help with withdrawl here.










1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Curt, what do have in the truck, an electric motor, it is so quiet? wink


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
I am confused....

I have always driven 'em in the good weather, and worked on 'em in the bad weather.

Perhaps your truck is to nice and you need a fixer upper? thumbs_up

But then again I can't leave anything alone, always gotta be changin' somethin'. dang

Last edited by Hot Rod John; 10/10/2010 7:13 PM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
Originally Posted by Curt B.
I can’t shake the feeling of dread

You see?! THIS is one reason I love this Stovebolt Page! A fella with good insight to his sitauation does a little problem-solving and utilizes his support group to deal with his feelings of anxiety. And his support group responded admirably!

Too many people I work with go with the quick fix of a controlled substance!

I doff my proverbial hat to you, Mr. Curt B, for your appropriate endeavor to good mental health!

The best to you, sir! And may your anxiety symptoms decrease to the point that they're tolerable!


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
If you cna't drive it what good is it? The heater in O;e Blue works fine.
Jim

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 101
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 101
I can't imagine having to put my 54 away for any amount of time. I drive it daily, wet, cold or hot, and enjoy it to the max!! I feel for you all.


Disciple

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0