The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Otto Skorzeny), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,380
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 25
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 25
Can anyone tell me the last year the inline six was available.
I am looking to buy one to bolt into my 1966 stepside.
If made into the eighties, is it easy enough to take the smog stuff off the motor?

Thanks for any info.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
1986. The last ones were equipped with a Rochester 2SE 2 barrel carb. They were used in 1 ton crew cab and step vans mainly. I don't see any problem with removing the smog stuff if you set up the cam/ignition/feul system to be able to run without it.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
gm makes an i/6 called the atlas and it is the bravada and other vehicals. ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Oh,yeah, I forgot about the Atlas. Feel kind dopey forgetting that one, seeing how my parents have an Envoy. Good engines. GM was toying around with making a crate version of it for hot rodders, similar to the Ramjet engines with the self contained ECM for the feul injection. Not sure why they never made it available.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 25
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 25
Thanks for the info

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
Check some reputable salvage yards for a 250. They are pretty common, and should not be too expensive. Also, it is better to get one from a truck rather than a car.

I bought a good 250 out of a 1970 C-20 for $200.00 several years ago when I was living in Connecticut. It was easy to install in the 1966 C-30 that I had at the time.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0