| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Otto Skorzeny),
201
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,387 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | Howdy folks.
I am wondering about mounting up a compass in my '65 c10 and I was just curious what some of you have used or have seen in our types of trucks.
Old ones, new ones, retro ones...
Thanks.
-W | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | -W: I have a '63 Chevy C30 with a real cool dash-mounted compass. I have some photos of it, as seen here: Dash-mounted Compass | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | That's awesome! I've been looking for a compass too... That one looks pretty good, and it fits the styling of the truck pretty well.
Good location for a clock as well. I've got a heater delete plate for mine: What I'd love to do is move the heater controls over to the ash tray location, then find a rectangular clock to put in the original heater control location, using the delete plate as a mount.
-Brad
SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 337 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 337 | That’s pretty much what I did with mine. The heater controls were moved to the radio location, the ashtray was eliminated and replaced with a switch panel, and the old heater control location was used to mount an aircraft clock. [IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8228/clockpanel.jpg[/IMG] | | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 22 | Nice compass. I love the analogue clock, where did you find it? Really dig your hood safety catch. I've not looked into a compass yet but might have to start soon. I've been searching for a nice analogue clock primarily to install where one might be in the meter cluster but am open to an install such as you did. OEM clocks for my 66 GMC Carryall are hard to come by. Best of luck! | | |
| |
| |