The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (1955 1 Series, 78buckshot, Guitplayer), 89 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 150
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 150
I looked inside the door last night, down through the window opening and I saw rust further up inside the door. It doesn't look bad. I'm guessing more than one person has dealt with this. Can I get some ideas? I'm thinking Dremel tool with wire brush.

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
just shoot some rust converter/encapsulator in there [then paint or not], it's real unlikely to be more than surface rust about as bad as sunburn, will never cause problems - where you should really use that treatment is at the bottoms where any condensation or leakage can collect, and make sure the drains are open and kept clear

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 150
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 150
I will do that as soon as I replace the door bottoms. They are SHOT! I want to start on them in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully not months.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0