The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Rusty Heaps, 1955 1 Series, 55shaker, 3800GUY, RaNfLaS, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, wilbur53, FAST55), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,104
Posts1,056,201
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 85
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 85
So how was this thing attached to the frame? I've got some significant rust, and i want to be sure before i remove it.... i'm not sure if it was riveted;welded etc...


Do something! Even if it's wrong!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
The one on my 52panel was bolted on. The bottom of it was rusted out so I ordered a new bottom for it from JimCarter.... but I'm sure available from some vendors in your area. An asembly manual will work wonders since your down to the frame. I highly recommend one and I believe they are only about $25.

You may already know about the online manuals but just in case your not here is a link....thanks to Keith Hardy.


http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

The battery holders on my 1954 trucks are riveted to the frame. And, the two threaded hold-down bolts are riveted to the sides of the battery box.


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 85
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 85
that makes sense. i'm gonna have to drill them out. the box is basically toast, but the threaded hold down's i can restore. thanks for the note about the assembly manual. i ordered one today. Just had to post this question.

Thanks guys!


Do something! Even if it's wrong!

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0