The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (frogfarmer, Jon G, MickeyP, Mike B, MaxStewart, Ricks Big Dump), 73 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,117
Posts1,056,642
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Hello,
The engine on my '36 1.5 ton is missing the cap on the crankcase ventilator. I'm about to start hunting for one, and thoght I'd start here. Any suggestions where to find one?
Thanks.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Jeff, put the request in the swap meet under the Parts Wanted section. I'll bet a bolter out there has one.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,215
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,215
I'm pretty sure I have one, I just need to hunt for it.

Send me a PM with your address.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Thanks, I forgot about the swap!

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Mike,
Thanks! I sent you the info.

Jeff

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
I think I have one too, if Mike B cant find his... let me know

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,215
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,215
Jeff,

I've never seen the Draft Tube mounted on the passenger side in a 1936 Chevy. Can you send me the casting numbers off of the block so I can confirm what you have?

Thanks,

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Ok, I'll check after lunch and let you know.
Thanks,

Jeff

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Ok, my engine casting number is: 838941.
I looked it up and it is a 1939 engine...a 216.
I also found an ID tag on the firewall that was REALLY worn, but from what I could tell, it said:
Master 6
Car No. 21RD05 13785
Mike, hope the engine # can shed light on the placement of my vent tube. Any idea on the firewall tag #??
Thanks!!

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,215
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,215
Jeff,

Ok, you have a 216...makes sense now.

Your serial number 21RD05 13785 breaks down as follows;

21 = Janesville, WI assembly plant.
RD = 1936 Utility, 157" wheel base, 1-1/2 ton with Dual Wheels.
05 = May
13785 = Unit number starting at 1001.

The first RD from Janesville was built on October 8, 1935 and the last was serial number 21RD08 17221 built om August 21, 1936.

I found a vent pipe cap and will mail it out on Monday.

Take care.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Mike,
Wow! That's alot of good info on that ID breakdown! I guess at some point teh original '36 engine either was too far gone to do anything with, or someone upgraded?! So now I have a better idea of what I'm working with.
Thanks for the help, and for the vent cap too!
Jeff


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0