Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
120
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 |
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Interesting.
Last edited by LONGBOX55; 09/22/2010 2:07 AM.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Tiny, after spending the dough you have put out I know what I would do....maybe not you but me! I'd drive to his place of business and take the tires with me. Give....no tell him he can either make them right and move on or you WILL call the better business bureau and pass on info to Everyone you come in contact with. Then, if it was "me" I'd probably pitch the tires at his feet and tell him to put them on his car but to please let you know when he drives is so you can stay off the road......man, this really (ticks) me off and I haven't spent a dime!! AND I have never even thought of buying any tires from him for reasons I won't discuss here. I want the Bolt to remain a family atmosphere!! I'm sorry for you lost,Tiny but thanks a million for the education you gave us..or at least me!
Last edited by cletis; 09/21/2010 11:53 PM. Reason: language
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | Please keep this thread on the topic that Tiny started it for.
Which is a quality of product and quality of service issue.
Please no mud slinging or name calling.
Just the facts, please.
What people do or do not do on other web site forums and in other old vehicle organizations as well as how they are run is their business and should be discussed privately, by email, PM or you can call each other on the phone.
Not here in General Truck on the 'Bolt.
Thank you.
-W
p.s.
The point is very simple... the Stovebolt page is about old Chevy and GMC trucks, made before 1973.
The General Truck forum is about the things or areas on those old trucks that are not better covered in more detail in the other categories of forums we have here on the 'Bolt.
Therefore an issue with the quality of a product and/or the quality of service related to the manufacturer and/or a vendor count as an issue to be discussed here in General Truck, if someone wishes to.
If a poster wishes to discuss such an issue in General Truck, they should stay factual, polite, on topic and not resort to name calling or random mud slinging out of spite.
The posting of a link that is strictly technical in nature to any other old car/truck forum has never been an issue on the Stovebolt Page. John & Peggy, the owners and founders of this site have always had this outlook about sharing useful technical information on this forum.
There was some discussion of how other old vehicle organizations or other old automobile forums are run or not or who they are run by... those things have no place here(and those posts were deleted). If someone has an issue with how some other old vehicle organization or associated website runs their popcorn stand, it should be addressed over there as we here do not have a dog in that fight.
Thank you,
-W | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 81 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 81 | Tiny,
Not sure who you spoke with at Coker, however it would be time to go to the top. I work in the customer service industry and know the bottom guys will always stick to policy or just try and avoid the issue.
I once had a issue with a boat I purchased. The gelcoat was cracking. The dealer made every excuse in the book to try and get out of it. I talked to every manager I could with no luck. Not accepting the level of quality they were trying to force me to accept, I researched and found out the President of the company's name and number. I called repeatedly for weeks. Sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. Finally they grew tired of me and agreed to fix the issue at no cost to me. They picked up my boat and shipped it across several states and did the repairs. In the end, it was done right.
My point I am trying to make is... Go for the absolute top, if you haven't already. Skip the middle managers.
1950 Chevy 3100 Blog w/Pics - http://txchevy50.blogspot.com/Goal: Clean, Rebuild, Paint, & Drive on a budget. Major restore of components will be done over time. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | This afternoon I got a phone call from the Coker vice president in charge of customer relations. It seems they've been getting a bit of heat from the thread on the other forum. A resolution may be at hand.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 400 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 400 | Good job tiny, go for broke!!! don't hold back, tell them how you really feel. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 595 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 595 | people pay good money for the correct tires on a "restored vehicle" and when one of the few suppliers that are available has poor customer service i as a consumer rally at the fact the info is available to me before i purchase them. sorry for your problems but thanks for the info. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 239 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 239 | Tiny,
Please let us know the outcome. I too will soon be in the market for 5 tires.
Thanks, Dale
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. -Unknown-
| | |
| |