The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (2-Ton, 1955 1 Series, Phak1), 126 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,449
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 15
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 15
Hello from England,

I am going to put a 350 into my Apache 10, I currently have a 235 in the truck, with a 3 speed manual tranny. I recently fitted the 235,sold to me as a "good one" ....smokes worse than the one that came out....great!

What parts will I need to change the motor?

I can get a bellhousing with the hydraulic clutch......my Apache has hydraulic clutch (1961)
I can get a manual flywheel.

What other parts am I going to need?.... is it a fairly straight forward job?.....

I know that I will need the V8 engine mount kit, and the exhaust will need to be modified.

Are there any other things I should be aware of???

Please let me know, all advice will be greatfully received.

Laine

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 15
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 15
Hello again,

Can you tell me if my flywheel/clutch assembly will fit onto a 350?

Thank you,

Laine

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
your best friend will be the shop manual for whatever year you have - no, the 235 pressure plate and disc won't fit the V8 flywheel

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 15
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 15
Hello again,

Any advice for this motor change?
Can anyone show me in a picture what the engine mounts for a V8 should look like in a 1961 Apache?..... are they still available?..... will I have to fit one of those crossmember motor mounts instead?

Please let me know, someone must have put a 350 into an Apache with a 235.

Laine

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
My friend has a '61 Apache with V8.
It has the horseshoe type front mount like this.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Originally Posted by laine snook
.... are they still available?....

There are many options for motor mounts. check the speedway website, motor mounts is one of the popular searches there.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0