Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (LAJones48, Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Waveski, Shaffer's1950, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible),
110
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 | The clutch slave cylinder on my C-80 leaks off if it sits for a while. I rebuilt it in '93 and it was ok til the last few years. Does any one make a replacement cylinder or is there something else that will fit?
'65 C-10, 65 L-60, 65 C-80, 72 C-60 & and a bunch of old Chevy cars. Never time to do it right, always time to do it over.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | Carquest listed them a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if they still have them. The were in their books, not the computer. As long as they haven't sat dry for too long, they are still rebuildable, but its a pain to replace them and then wonder if they are going to work. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Mearl. welcome, I found part number 36124 in my United brake catalogue, so I went over to Rock Auto, they have part number 36124 by Brute Power/Perfection Clutch it shows a picture of the slave cylinder $27.79, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 114 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2008 Posts: 114 | Hi Mearl, how about some details on your C-80. Air brakes? 409? Not many of these big trucks around. Can you post some pictures? Great to have you with us!
James | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 164 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 164 | I got one for my 1960 gmc 4000 at NAPA for around $20. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 | Of all the vehicles I own, I think this old truck is the coolest. My dad was a logger all his life and around here they always used lttle 60 series trucks. Dad always wanted a bigger truck back then but they were a lot more expensive. I found this truck in Wetumpka Al., when I was stationed there. Dad sent me the money to buy it and I restored it for him. It has the original 409, air brakes and 5 spd. It's a single axle 145" wb tractor. It was originally red but dad always liked the blue with white top, so that's what I did. He passed away in '05 so it's mine now. The only other change is the chrome stacks, it sounds great. I don't have many digital pictures of it but I'll try to get some on here.
'65 C-10, 65 L-60, 65 C-80, 72 C-60 & and a bunch of old Chevy cars. Never time to do it right, always time to do it over.
| | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 114 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2008 Posts: 114 | Mearl, my Dad ran a number of 409 powered C-80's during the 60's until the mid 70's. The first load I ever made on a tractor-trailer was with a 1962 Chevy C-80, so I have fond memories of this style of truck. Our trucks were painted a medium blue with a white top. We ran both single axle and tandem axle tractors back then with a 409, 5 spd. and a 2 spd. rear. I have numerous pictures of our old trucks posted in my webshot album, link is below my name.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of yours in the future!
James | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 | Those are some neat old trucks. I couldn't find my pictures today (must be in a secret file). I was going to take some but the trans in my wifes 65 C-10 took priority. There is a guy here in town that has a 62 80 series dump truck with the original 409. I've thought about buying it for years but I have too many projects already. This truck was used to haul charcoal when I was a kid. Mine was bought new from Capitol Chevrolet in Montgomery Al. in April of 66 and used at the Flack sawmill on Flack road.
'65 C-10, 65 L-60, 65 C-80, 72 C-60 & and a bunch of old Chevy cars. Never time to do it right, always time to do it over.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 112 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 112 | Welcome Mearl! Click here http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/petroff_tom_1964.html or my Gallery to see my 64 C80 Tandem. I bought it 1967 and still use it around the property fpr maintance. The 409 was replaced with a 427 in 1988. OTher than that it's bone stock. The part number previuosly listed is still good. Around here at least. TGP | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 | I got the slave cylinder today, my local parts guy was able to order it. I didn't think it was available til you all started giving me part numbers, thanks. We aired up the front tire and towed the truck to the house. It hadn't run right in 3-4 years. If it's at the house, I can't ignore it like if it's at the mill shed. The drivers side front was flat and when I got it apart, the flap had cracked and pinched the tube, so I'll have to get a flap tomorrow.I wanted to get some pictures of it for you guys but now I'm ashamed of what I've let happen, so the pictures will wait til I get it cleaned up.
'65 C-10, 65 L-60, 65 C-80, 72 C-60 & and a bunch of old Chevy cars. Never time to do it right, always time to do it over.
| | |
| |