| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 175 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 175 | I got my first 3/4 ton gmc and do not know much about the suspension yet, I notice 1 axel is leaking at the wheel, is there anything else I should examine on a 3/4 ton (other than breaks and standard stuff)that would be different than a 1/2 ton to make it road safe? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 734 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 734 | I don't think there's much different aside from the fact that everything's bigger, beefier. And harder to get parts for, lol. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 52 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 23 | I have found it tough to find a lot of parts for a 62 period 1/2 or 3/4 ton no repo or nos front grill parts body bushings on the 3/4 just to name a few. But all the sheet metal is out there. Good luck on it can't wait to see it done. The front grill of the 62 chevy is the best looking out of all the 60 to 66 trucks. ( Had to edit this at first I was thinking you had a chevy I dont see them on here as much as all the others and when I see 62 the first thing I see is chevy.) Bob
Last edited by wojo; 07/02/2010 5:42 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 45 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 45 | I got a lot of stuff for my 62 3/4 Chevy on Rockauto.com Seals, brakes, bearings, gaskets etc. There may not be as much for a GMC, but you should definitely check them out. | | |
| |
| |