The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (KEVINSKI, DadsFirstPickup, Hanks custodian, Ponchogl), 198 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#657565 06/26/2010 9:08 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 175
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 175
I got my first 3/4 ton gmc and do not know much about the suspension yet, I notice 1 axel is leaking at the wheel, is there anything else I should examine on a 3/4 ton (other than breaks and standard stuff)that would be different than a 1/2 ton to make it road safe?

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I don't think there's much different aside from the fact that everything's bigger, beefier. And harder to get parts for, lol.


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 52
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 52
That about covers it.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 23
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 23
I have found it tough to find a lot of parts for a 62 period 1/2 or 3/4 ton no repo or nos front grill parts body bushings on the 3/4 just to name a few. But all the sheet metal is out there. Good luck on it can't wait to see it done. The front grill of the 62 chevy is the best looking out of all the 60 to 66 trucks. ( Had to edit this at first I was thinking you had a chevy I dont see them on here as much as all the others and when I see 62 the first thing I see is chevy.)
Bob

Last edited by wojo; 07/02/2010 5:42 AM.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 45
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 45
I got a lot of stuff for my 62 3/4 Chevy on Rockauto.com Seals, brakes, bearings, gaskets etc. There may not be as much for a GMC, but you should definitely check them out.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0