The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TUTS 59, wilbur53, Jon G, Gdads51, 1 invisible), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,131
Posts1,056,373
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
'
New Guy
New Guy
' Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
Does anyone know of a good looking and good fitting overhead console with reading/map lights that fits in a '54 truck? I'm using a Gentex mirror with temp, direction, and Homelink for the entry gate & garage door. I thought I might as well finish the area off with some lights and maybe a small storage area. Have you seen something that looks cool?

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
I don't know about fit or feasibility, but some of the 87-93 S10 blazers had a decent looking overhead console with the feature you mention.

Last edited by FriedGreenTmater; 05/21/2010 3:37 PM.

1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
You can get a console from www.roddoors.com and finish it your self.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
"MONGO"
"MONGO"
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
We had one in a 54 truck with a CB and speaker in it, I pulled it out as it was wood and I always hit my head on it. I think I still have it if you want it.
I agree on the S10 Console, it's a lower profile than what we had. I used to have a link to a guy who put a 50's suburban on an S-10 chassis and used the S-10 console on the ceiling it worked out looking really slick but the link I had to his site is dead.
Steve


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Originally Posted by WE b OLD
You can get a console from www.roddoors.com and finish it your self.

I thought they were out of business


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
I bought from them last year.??????????


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 98
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 98
according to their site, they went out of business last November


50 chevy 3100
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Mongo,
check your PM
Mike

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
real sorry to hear that, they had a quality product.

Last edited by WE b OLD; 05/30/2010 10:52 PM.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1


Rodney V Towt

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0