The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Nick in Manitou, CuzzFuzz, Tronman), 115 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,314
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#646990 05/16/2010 6:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
On either side of the engine housing I have some white/bluish smoke coming out of the manifold area once the engine is going...probably a gasket leak? I'm thinking I may need to change out all the gaskets that I can.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 46
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 46
Most likely cause is oil seepage from the valve cover and burning on the exhaust manifold. Clean the head under the valve cover and spray some foot powder on the head. You should be able to track the leak to the source.


-=JD=-
Motohack
"Hand me that BIG hammer"
1941 Chevrolet 4408
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks Motohack. I'll give 'er a shot.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0