The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (MRMEROTH11, Charles in CA, mick53), 150 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#642441 05/01/2010 3:52 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
Hi everyone....I'm Angie, and I'm new to this site - just had to join because I have a 1939 Chevy Truck that I'm doing a small restoration on. Pretty excited about it! I found the truck in Iowa, and trailered it back to Western NY. The body is in fairly good condition and so far it doesn't look like any parts are missing. I'd like to upload a photo, looks like I can't do so from here?

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Angie, welcome from Scotland.
Sounds like a nice wee project you've got yourself.

As far as the pics are concerned try looking at the guide at the left sidebar.
There's detailed instructions about image posting here.

I hope you have success as I'm keen to see your truck.
Good Luck.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 338
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 338
AngieJP,

Welcome from Central New York. I have a 1940 truck I work on sometimes.

You will love the stovebolt.



Bill Schickling

1940 1/2 ton, 1940 3/4 ton
My web page
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
hiya angie from oklahoma i have a 39 i have been peicing togather for awhile now smile


1937 1/2 ton
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
And welcome to the Stovebolt Angie. A good place to be no matter where you live, make or female.... just a love for the old trucks. I to have one from Iowa but its a 52 Panel. Good luck and keep us posted. Looking forward to some pics.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome fellow New Yorker!Glad you joined and hope we will be able to help. We live near Rochester, and near the Lake, in Ontario,NY. How far are you from us?

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Welcome, Angie!

We Started Stovebolt.com for our '39 half-ton way back when ... so there is always a special place at Stovebolt for '39's. Check out the tech tips -- there's a project article (pretty old now) on a '39 frame off resto you might help interesting or helpful.

Glad you found us! You're not a newbie anymore!

Regards,
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Angie, I'm sure you will like this site and learn what you need to know. My truck also came from the midwest.

Leo

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks everyone! I've TRIED to upload some photos and here's the link. We are out the door in a few minutes to pick up a rebuilt 216 engine for my Chevy. We're progressing really fast thanks to my husband Matt, who is working with me on this project. So far, I've purchased a rebuilt engine, fixed the generator and starter, replaced the fuel pump, ordered a new wiring harness, and scheduled the cab interior for a sandblasting and primer coat (my neighbor bought a new compressor and is anxious to try it out!). The truck is amazing and in my opinion, pretty sexy smile.

http://s951.photobucket.com/home/AngjieJP/index

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Angie, thanks for the pics. That is going to be one sweet ride when your finished....which won't be all that long the way your going. AND its another piece of Americana that is saved from the tin monster meaning it is NOT going to china!! Thank you.

Now, it helps to be a supportive wife but in your case your a lucky woman and have such a supportive HUBBY! Thats a good thing and while he's in a good mood you may want to start scouting out your NEXT project smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
Welcome aboard Angie, great looking truck! This site is awesome and tone of great info. I'm a little over a year into my 46 and just about to finish up the chassis! Finaaly a little light at the end of the tunnel. Have fun and enjoyN!

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 355
lol angie yours is far more complete than mine shouldn't take you too long smile


1937 1/2 ton
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Hi Angie....good to have you aboard !. My '40 took me almost 3 years but worth every minute. Have fun, and if you get stuck, there is a wealth of information and help on this board !


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
My NEXT project?! I think I need help.....I'm dreaming about my truck every night, it's all I can think about. And, my bank account is getting smaller and smaller - guess I'll have to give up eating or something just so I can have a new fuel pump and hood ornament. smile

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
I'm moving right along on the restoration project. This past weekend I had the interior of the cab sandblasted, primed, and painted and it's pretty sweet looking. What an amazing difference.

I tore all the old oak boards from the bed frame so now it's all exposed for easier wiring and cleaning. Laying out the wiring harness on the living room floor helped to map how it all works, so tomorrow I'll start seriously doing the wiring.

My newest photos: www.flickr.com/photos/angji/

Thanks,
Angie


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0