The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Opelika Tom, 2 invisible), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#641938 04/29/2010 10:26 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Hi all,
I am new to the field of large trucks. I'm glad to find a web forum dedicated to restoring and working with older vehicles. My wife thinks I'm crazy of course. Some of the projects I have dragged home has made her just shake her head. I read some of the other posts and see that I'm not alone. Good!
What brought me here was a web search for a 1951 6400. I have an opportunity to buy one and wanted to get some opinions before I spend any money.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Hey Chandler, welcome to this site. Having your wife only shake her head isn't too bad, it could always be worse.

We have a forum dedicated to the bigger trucks, you should check it out. (Many of us including me have half ton trucks.) Just scroll down to "Big Bolts" and pose your questions there. Good luck!


Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Bolt. Keep you eyes out in the TRucks For Sale fourm and you might keep check on the ebay/craiglist forum as Gmoniz post quite a few listing there..... and if the one you are looking at is in good shape buy two of them!!! You never have enough trucks and as Leo says...... it could always be much worse.... just don't ask me how I know smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 166
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 166
Well Chandler, seems you already have a thumbs up from your wife. I bought my truck in January, and my wife doesn't know it yet. It's good to have a lot of space at you job. Welcome and have fun, lots of extremely knwoledgable guys here.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Chandler, welcome from Scotland.
Good luck with your new project,if and when you get one.
Great advice available here 24/7!
Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0