Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,605 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi Jim, welcome from Scotland. Where I live you can get 'patina' like that in a few months,only problem here is, it doesn't stop! That truck would be looong gone over here! Great looking truck,remember to post some pics when you get your new (old) door art! Jock  1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 35 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 35 | Hi Jim, welcome from Scotland. Where I live you can get 'patina' like that in a few months,only problem here is, it doesn't stop! That truck would be looong gone over here! Great looking truck,remember to post some pics when you get your new (old) door art! Jock  No problem on the "Door Art". I should have it on there in the next few weeks. My buddy is backed up and behind schedule on some motorcycle job he is doing for some pro athelete. I can't wait to get the doors done. Funny story that just happened. So my wife and I drove this beater to dinner tonight. Pretty upscale place so we were fixed up and going to roll in there looking like Sanford & Son. I had just opened up both fresh air vents earlier today. I had no idea what all was in there and I now think they had never been opened before. As soon as we got up to about 40MPH I guess there was enough air flow pressure that is blew througha ton of dirt, leaves, rat nests, and everything else you could think off all at once. It filled up the whole cab with debris blowing like a tornado as we had the windows down. We looked at each other covered in sh*t, both wearing white linen shirts. It was pretty funny but a mess none the less. We turned around and went back home and cooked dinner. We are still laughing our rears off over this episode. Ahhhh, the joys of old truck ownership! Be good........... | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome Jim, cool looking truck. If you want to drop it a bit, put in a 409. Four on the floor and it would still get the groceries.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Bolt Jim...and wife  Seems like you have both been "initiated" into the world of truck lore! You just never know what to expect but your making memories to laugh about for years to come. Now, get cleaned up, close the vents for now, and take the wife back out for dinner tomorrow night!! She deserves it  Keep us posted on your progress. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi Jim, welcome from Scotland. Where I live you can get 'patina' like that in a few months,only problem here is, it doesn't stop! That truck would be looong gone over here! Great looking truck,remember to post some pics when you get your new (old) door art! Jock  Funny story that just happened. So my wife and I drove this beater to dinner tonight. Pretty upscale place so we were fixed up and going to roll in there looking like Sanford & Son. I had just opened up both fresh air vents earlier today. I had no idea what all was in there and I now think they had never been opened before. As soon as we got up to about 40MPH I guess there was enough air flow pressure that is blew througha ton of dirt, leaves, rat nests, and everything else you could think off all at once. It filled up the whole cab with debris blowing like a tornado as we had the windows down. That's funny! Was there valet parking? I would love to have seen the guys face when you rolled up in the truck!  1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | |
| |