The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (klhansen, 32Fordpuchoptop, FAST55, walter74), 95 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,319
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#628071 03/11/2010 11:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
Does anyone know if they are the same? I am looking at a 37 cab to replace my termite infested 36 low cab. I know the doors look alike, but I also know that the windshield heights are different by an inch.


Here's a mock up of my 36
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac102/chiefbobber/36010a.jpg

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
....my vote is that they are different... maybe as a WHOLE they may work/interchange but seperately things like the windshield frames are diffrent. I'm sure the expert will be along shortly.
Joe where you at?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
According to the Chevrolet Master Parts Price List catalog, the doors are the same for 36 (low roof-Second Series), 37 and 38, The 36 low roof Second Series is the cab that resembles the 37 and 38 cab. I do know that at least one thing that is different about the 36 doors is the Door Check. On a 36 the door check is a leather strap, while on a 37-38 it is an in-the-door part. That will cause a mismatch on the inside door panel inside the truck. That's the only difference I'm aware of.
According to the price listing, the cost of a new door was $20.00.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by 6cylindersovertexas
According to the price listing, the cost of a new door was $20.00.
Sounds great, I'll take two. What would be the shipping from 1938?

That's good news. I'll move forward and try to purchase the cab I found. It shouldn't be too hard to attach a leather strap to the 37 cab.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0