| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 34 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 34 | Been searching here and other places and it seems(?) nobody uses tube headers on a 235. I see Cifford makes them and probably others but everybody seems to run Fentons or the like. I am just thinking outloud (or typing LOL)could there be an advantage to tube headers ?,as long as manifold heat was taken care of. I like the idea of a traditional exhaust note. Dual Smitty's like my dad always talked about.  But have to wonder if there is a better way. Like 6 into 1 or 3 into 2 and then into 1.(?) Seems to me duals(cool as they are) are not really necessary. I'm asking not telling. Thoughts ? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | My guess is it is because the Fentons are so much neater and easier to use. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | If what you want is a "traditional exhaust note" then I'd stick to what's always provided that: Fenton's and Smitty's. I've seen some pretty nice homemade split manifolds here and on other boards that I think would work just as well and sound good too. I haven't heard tube headers but they might work fine too. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | I have run nothing but Fentons on my truck. I've always been told that they were more quiet than tube headers, as far as engine noise in the cab is concerned. I suppose it's because they are cast iron like the stock exhaust manifold.
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 34 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 34 | I can see some advantages of the tried and true Fenton cast headers. And will probably go that way, unless tube headers make a big differance. (doubt it, but don't want to assume) So that leads me to pipes size, single or dual ? I do understand the "sound" factor but if thats the only reason to go duals I'll likely not. And I have no plans for cam swap or head work, just a Landon's 2 bbl. which I already have.Thanks for your input!
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats | | Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 | dual for the sound, and about 1 3/4" diameter
The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
| | |
| |
| |