Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, Phak1, Oswald, Otto Skorzeny, msmall, RdsLessTaken, 1 invisible),
137
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,471 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 7 | Hello all, my name is Sondre, and I'm from Oslo, Norway! I recently bough a 1949 Chevrolet, that I'm getting ready for the road before the spring. The car has been in storage since 1959, and need a little adjusting before I can let her out on the road. As you can see from the images on this site the car has been mildly customized, this job was done by Barris Kustoms in the mid 1950s. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 273 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 273 | Welcome! That photo brought back some memories because my ol' man had something similar when I was little. AND a Canadian '49 Pontiac (Chevy bodyshell, Chevy tail lights) which also looked pretty similar. You'll love it here!  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 179 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 179 | welcome Sondre,i think you will like it in here,great place for info and help.ENJOY!!  Roy | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 116 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 116 | Welcome Sondre , great looking car !
" The heart of the wise inclines to the right , but the heart of the fool to the left " - Ecclesiastes 10:2
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome. Thats a nice ride. Now, you need a truck  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 339 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 339 | Welcome Sondre, Nice looking 49...I owned a black 49 Chevy that was stock...I especially like the one piece windshield... Bill B. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi Sondre, welcome from Scotland. Nice looking '49. Especially as it has history too. As Alvin says...all you need now is a matching truck! 
Last edited by jockbolter50; 02/21/2010 7:49 AM.
1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 7 | Thanks all! Hehe, I have a '34 Ford pickup, that's all the truck I need at the moment  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 44 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 44 | hi sondre wellcome to the site.visited norway three years ago on the way back from vasteras sweeden.lovley country pity about all the toll roads though.
C MON LETS GO
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 141 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 141 | Nice Car! I remember seeing a lot of nice old American cars in Norway. I'm hoping to go back to Norway someday to do the Oslo-Trondheim-Oslo bicycle ride. Chris | | |
| |