The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Donf, 50Chevy3100), 116 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,076
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#621887 02/20/2010 8:10 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Hello all, my name is Sondre, and I'm from Oslo, Norway!

I recently bough a 1949 Chevrolet, that I'm getting ready for the road before the spring. The car has been in storage since 1959, and need a little adjusting before I can let her out on the road. As you can see from the images on this site the car has been mildly customized, this job was done by Barris Kustoms in the mid 1950s.


Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 273
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 273
Welcome!
That photo brought back some memories because my ol' man had something similar when I was little. AND a Canadian '49 Pontiac (Chevy bodyshell, Chevy tail lights) which also looked pretty similar.

You'll love it here! thumbs_up




Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 179
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 179
welcome Sondre,i think you will like it in here,great place for info and help.ENJOY!! wave

Roy

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
Welcome Sondre , great looking car !


" The heart of the wise inclines to the right , but the heart of the fool to the left " - Ecclesiastes 10:2
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome. Thats a nice ride. Now, you need a truck smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
Welcome Sondre, Nice looking 49...I owned a black
49 Chevy that was stock...I especially like the
one piece windshield... Bill B.


1952 Chevy 3104 Shortbed 5-window
Remember; Politicians and diapers both need to be changed
often, and for the same reason.....
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Sondre, welcome from Scotland.
Nice looking '49.
Especially as it has history too.

As Alvin says...all you need now is a matching truck! wink

Last edited by jockbolter50; 02/21/2010 7:49 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks all!
Hehe, I have a '34 Ford pickup, that's all the truck I need at the moment smile

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 44
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 44
hi sondre wellcome to the site.visited norway three years ago on the way back from vasteras sweeden.lovley country pity about all the toll roads though.


C MON LETS GO
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
Nice Car!
I remember seeing a lot of nice old American cars in Norway. I'm hoping to go back to Norway someday to do the Oslo-Trondheim-Oslo bicycle ride.
Chris


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0