The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Rusty Heaps, Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon), 123 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,381
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#618121 02/08/2010 11:51 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
I have really enjoyed the Stovebolt site. It has helped me a great deal. The forums are fantastic. I am restoring a 1951 GMC pickup with my teenage sons. The project has been a lot fo fun. We are nearly done and I am sure I will need some advice in the home stretch.

Right now I am looking for the center molding for the hood. I have seen where I can buy SS or chrome pieces but I was looking for an original steel piece I could paint. Any help is appreciated.

Duff

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
WElcome to the StoveBolt,Duff. Great place to be for lovers of old trucks. Sounds like your coming down the home stretch on your GMC.
You might want to post in the swap meet in the Parts Wanted Forum for your center moulding. Its always best to post in the forum that best suits your needs for the most responses and most "opinions".
Good luck and keep us posted. Oh, how about some pics when you can get a link up for us. Thanks


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome to Stovebolt. Good luck in your search for the trim, the Swap meet is your best bet.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Duff,welcome.
What a great way to spend some quality time with your boys.
So your looking for a hood centre strip? You must be nearly done then? wink
Kidding apart,the guys above have given you good advice,and of course.....get snappin'! pix
Good luck
Jock thumbs_up

Last edited by jockbolter50; 02/09/2010 11:53 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
wave Hello Duff, welcome to
the Stovebolt...Bill B.


1952 Chevy 3104 Shortbed 5-window
Remember; Politicians and diapers both need to be changed
often, and for the same reason.....
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks everyone. I will post on Swap Meet for the trim. Any help on rear fender bolts would be great. LMC offers a kit but they are only 3/4" long which is too short. Considering that we had to skim some of the bed and the fenders and considering the thickness of the gasket the 3/4" long bolts leaves no extra length to fit the assembly. Does anyone sell a longer button head cap screw with the appropriate size head? Found lots of small button head bolts at Fastenal, etc. however, the heads are ASTM standard and too small. They will just tear through the sheet metal. Maybe this is not the right location on the site for this question. Thanks for any tips.
Duff

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Draw your fender up tight with wrong bolts and then replace them one at a time with the right ones. Hopefully you don't have that much "skim" in those areas.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Duff, its unbelieveable what I find here at my local Ace Hardware store.... and the guy told me last week he is re-doing the entire nuts and bolts section and will have even a bigger selection. If one is around give them a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0