The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (MNSmith, Otto Skorzeny), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#615769 02/01/2010 7:11 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
Hey, I just wanted to check in and let you guys know what an amazing site this is! I started a business from a lifelong hobby and convinced my very understanding wife that a Big Bolt would be a great shop truck and rolling advertisement (she's going to do the door graphics. She's a heck of an artist, but painting on metal will be new for her). The forums and tech sections on this site have been an amazing wealth of information. I picked up a 53 6400 on Ebay that, I admit, came with more than a few surprises. At this point I'm focusing on a few cosmetics and then getting it mechanically up to snuff. I'll do a repaint down the road. 1st things 1st, I've got to get rid of the "widow makers". I've got 3 small kids and safety is a big one.
Oh, and I supose getting the 8.1L conversion in my 90 GMC done so I don't interupt our camping trips (I gotta keep the wife happy), but I'd rather be working on the 53.
I'll post pics when I can.
Thanks


1953 6400 (Infinity Performance, LLC Shop Truck)
1968 Chevy C-10
1970 Monte Carlo(468ci, 11 sec street car)
1990 GMC V-3500 Crew Cab 4x4 (8.1L convert)
1992 Caprice SS
1966 Simplicity Landlord 2010
2010 Keystone Sprinter (Hotel on Wheels)
*God Is Good - All The Time!*
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
sounds like you have your hands full but just be sure to take out time for the "bolt" smile look forward to the pics


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome. We will be wanting to see her art work when she's done. Good luck and glad you joined!

Joy #616168 02/02/2010 10:59 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
I'm excited to see the doors after she is done. It won't be for a few months, but I'll post pics when she is done.

It should look pretty cool and the old 2-ton otta make a great around town shop truck.

Here's my attempt at posting pics. I'm trying to do it the right way. Hopefully it works...I've been trying on and off most of the day. photobucket

BTW, This site has great hospitality and I've already been talking to 51Dump. Turns out he and I are only about 35 minutes apart.


1953 6400 (Infinity Performance, LLC Shop Truck)
1968 Chevy C-10
1970 Monte Carlo(468ci, 11 sec street car)
1990 GMC V-3500 Crew Cab 4x4 (8.1L convert)
1992 Caprice SS
1966 Simplicity Landlord 2010
2010 Keystone Sprinter (Hotel on Wheels)
*God Is Good - All The Time!*
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Beautiful Truck!! thumbs_up

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
R
RWL Offline
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Why is it when I see another cool truck, I want it. Like your truck, especially the duallys.... Id like to paint mine similar but only a darker green...good luck...


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0