The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (delwrench, Southerntruck, cmayna, dt235sd), 123 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,490
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
That is how this story started..Honey I am turning fifty this year so I thought I should buy myself a nice present. I stopped by the Chevy Dealer and think I have settled on the 2010 Camaro..2SS..six speed..Yep so I will need 46K... At this point she started to sputter and make funny sounds and that little vein in her neck started throbbing..and her hands began to clench....

Or I could get an older vehicle and restore it with our middle son (who is just starting to drive. Okay..you can have 2k..hehehe I did not really want the Camaro, but it sure set the tone for funding my Stovebolt.

So I asked around..and around and around..and the best advice was ..Joe..get a pickup..pre 73..so you can work on it and learn as you go. Nic (the aforementioned son) and I spent a few months driving around..reading ads on Craigslist. Met some great people..met some questionable ones..good souls but oooo not the best yard keepers hahaha..

My brother called and said he found something promising on Craigslist. So I took a look and Yes indeed it was a nice fit for our project. It was a 1964 Chevy 1/2 ton..230 Straight Six..with three on the tree..asking price $1800. Under the 2K budget!

So I called the number and got the fellows wife..before I could even make my initial bid (I come from a long line of horse traders..or is that horse theifs..I forget) she says..He will take $1200! Now dang it! I had my whole game plan shattered with her opening salvo. So Nic and I took a drive and we fell in love with the truck.

Turns out it was his daily driver, needed some tender lovin (like floor boards, new muffler ect ect hehe) Some body work bot over all a beauty for her age and I could not complain about the cost. So we bought her and have been working on her since.

I'll try to post some pictures and link to them so we can share our progress. I've already got great advice here and the fellow members have been great!

See Ya soon!

Joe "The Forge Dude"

Last edited by J Lucas; 02/14/2010 7:37 PM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
.... man, it just don't get any better. EVERYONE is happy smile
Now how about some pics!!

Way to go!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0