The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shaffer's1950, walter74, tclederman), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,700
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
R
RWL
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Just aquired a 53 half ton. All original, running (rough). Alway been a fan and a classic driver, but plan on getting my hands dirty this time. Sold my 72 C10 custom deluxe last year, but the itch came back. I plan on keeping her relatively stock. It already has been converted to 12 volt and has updated rims and tires. Lots of interesting discussions on this site so I hope to make good use of it. I guess my first step is to name her/him

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Wecome to the Stovebolt! I hope we get to see some pictures because we can never have too many pictures! These trucks are a lot of fun to work on and drive.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
R
RWL
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Got a few pictures. Just need to figure out how to post them.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
R
RWL
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi RWL welcome to the 'bolt.
Your 53 doesn't looks pretty good.

Good to see you got working on that 'new fangled' stuff out your system and bought a real truck! wink
Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
R
RWL
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
The 72 C10 was a good truck, just couldnt afford the gas. It had the original 396/402 in her. id be lucky if I got 8 miles to the gallon. Have gone through a number of beasts over the years. 68 firebird convert.(couldnt keep up with rust). 55 210 Chevy, motorcyles. Used to like a lot of speed but now it seems to be character and style. I also have a 64 c10 fleetside shortbox sitting in the field that someday may get to. Im pretty happy with the 53 as it all original. Might look at putting a 235 in it for a little better power. But only if one shows up at the right price. Had a look at your gallery, nice rides. Will try to post a few more pic later. Had my son help me this time. I had to right down line by line how he did it. I am slightly comp. eliterate. Cant spell worth a darn either.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
Hey-Welcome to the Bolt!! Great spot!!Just about anything you need to know & then some. You picked the right spot. Steve.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
RWL, you got yourself a good father and son project.
A friend of mine ran a Big block here and was spending £200 a week on gas (I'll let you do the math) eek
I can sympathise about the rust too.
You can rot the a$$ out a 'eurobox' in a few years here.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That is a good looking truck. The setting is nice with the cedar shed and the snow. It would be a good shot for a calendar!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Your truck looks pretty straight from the pics. Good luck and let us know how we can help. LOTS of knowledge here on the bolt. After all "Knowledge is the best Resource".


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
RWL, best site on the net for old Bolts and you will feel right at home because we can't spell worth a darn either.

Weeds

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 20
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 20
looks good i am also from Winnipeg mb nice to see another project truck here. Greg


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0