The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 347 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,180
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
Do you bother to replace clutch head screws with new ones, or do you go with something a little more modern?


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
most of my truck has hexhead bolts,but the rear fender bolts in the box are clutch head,for appearance

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 204
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 204
Jim,
I am trying to use clutch heads everywhere I can that is visible-(fender, door striker and latch,etc), cleaning some old ones, buying some new ones. (If anyone has some they want to get rid of.
Mike


My old truck's still running good, my ticker's ticking like they say it should, I got supper in the oven, a good woman's loving, and even my bad days aint that bad...Yeah, I'm a lucky man!
1953 Chevy 3100 Shortbed

1965 C-30 Panel Truck
1963 C-20 Long/Fleet Pick-up California Black Plate
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 433
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 433
I replaced the screws on the gas tank sending unit with Allan heads because the are easier to get off if needed... The old clutch heads screws were rusted and stuck... I probably would replace certain clutch head screws with the same...


1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
without a set of clutch head drivers they are a pain to work with. after i got the three driver set, i like them better than flat or phillip heads. i have yet to have a head strip out. i too like them for appearance

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by Jim Bow
Do you bother to replace clutch head screws with new ones, or do you go with something a little more modern?
I'm trying,where possible,to replace mine with stainless button head bolts/screws.
If I go to a hardware store here and ask for clutchheads,they look at me as if I had horns or something.
Or maybe it is just the way I look....... eek
I 'loaned' out my clutch head drivers, never got them back. :mad:


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 334
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 334
I replace mine with clutch head, since they are what was original, plus I like to look.
Samantha


1954 Chevy 3100
Picked from the Field
Follow in the DITY

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0