| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,184 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 | Do you bother to replace clutch head screws with new ones, or do you go with something a little more modern?
"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 | most of my truck has hexhead bolts,but the rear fender bolts in the box are clutch head,for appearance | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 204 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 204 | Jim, I am trying to use clutch heads everywhere I can that is visible-(fender, door striker and latch,etc), cleaning some old ones, buying some new ones. (If anyone has some they want to get rid of. Mike My old truck's still running good, my ticker's ticking like they say it should, I got supper in the oven, a good woman's loving, and even my bad days aint that bad...Yeah, I'm a lucky man! 1953 Chevy 3100 Shortbed1965 C-30 Panel Truck 1963 C-20 Long/Fleet Pick-up California Black Plate
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 | I replaced the screws on the gas tank sending unit with Allan heads because the are easier to get off if needed... The old clutch heads screws were rusted and stuck... I probably would replace certain clutch head screws with the same...
1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | without a set of clutch head drivers they are a pain to work with. after i got the three driver set, i like them better than flat or phillip heads. i have yet to have a head strip out. i too like them for appearance | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Do you bother to replace clutch head screws with new ones, or do you go with something a little more modern? I'm trying,where possible,to replace mine with stainless button head bolts/screws. If I go to a hardware store here and ask for clutchheads,they look at me as if I had horns or something. Or maybe it is just the way I look.......  I 'loaned' out my clutch head drivers, never got them back. :mad: 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 334 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 334 | I replace mine with clutch head, since they are what was original, plus I like to look. Samantha | | |
| |
| |