| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#60786 05/23/2006 1:51 PM | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 | I'm getting ready to put in a 454 BB into my 1958 GMC Suburban Carryall. I assume that I'll have to box the frame rails, but I'm confused as to the motor mounts. I called Chassis Engineering and others, and they have plenty of kits for 55-57, but nothing for a '58. Anybody done this? How?
Thanks, Mark | | |
#60787 05/23/2006 3:47 PM | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy badmoonreizen, as far as the factory mounts for the small block V8 is concerned they are the same from 55B-59, so I don't see why the mounts you mentioned wouldn't work. The cars however had a major chassis change in 58 which would not require special mounts to install the big block. As to the truck, there may be firewall clearance problems, hope that helps. | | |
#60788 05/23/2006 4:18 PM | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | 3B's got it, on the truck, the frames/mounts will be the same 55-59, the 5-7 mounts will work - buddy of mine has a built 427 in a TF - tight, but no major change required - he didn't box the frame, but should have - thing lifts the front wheels at less than full power Bill | | |
#60789 05/24/2006 9:40 PM | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 | Thanks so much for the quick responses. I appreciate the collective wisdom and experience. | | |
| |
| |