The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, mick53, 1955 1 Series), 91 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
I recently purchased a used Guide day/night rear view mirror for my 1966 C-10. I guess they are kind of rare, because I have never seen one before.

I checked the option list for the 1966 Chevrolet trucks, and I did not see it listed. Was it only available for GMC trucks?

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 337
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 337
Hi Doug, I just sent you a PM which might answer the question.


1960 GMC 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck
In the Gallery
Updates in the DITY Gallery
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 335
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 335
had one in the 60 parts burb i got!

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
It was availble in 1960 - 1966 with all GMC, at some point I think the factory started putting them in all vehcles - I want to say 68ish?


1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 67
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 67
Have a 1963 c 10 wiht one in it it is the plain jane cab also have a 1963 c 20 custom cab with one in it. The c 10 I know was not added as it was my gradads. The c 20 not sure just got it with little history. The sales brocures I have show it as an option.


1947 1Ton stepside
1962 K20 Fleetside
1962 C40 12' flatbed
1963 C10 Stepside
1963 C20 Fleetside
1965 C10 Stepside (Daily Driver)
1973 C20 Stepside fire truck
1973 C50 Utility truck Houston Power & Light
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
My 65 C10 step came with one and not listed on the build sheet so also not sure if it was added.


1955 Chevy 3100
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
I ment to say that the mirror was standard or required in 1968. It was considered an option 60-66 I believe.


1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
Standard and Day/Night rear view mirrors were available in the '60-'66 Chevy trucks. The Day/Night was an optional upgrade from the standard style.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 54
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 54
There are 2 models I believe, 60-63 had a flipper type with day night marked on it like the passenger cars. 64-66 had a twist button on it. The trucks shared alot of accessories with the passenger cars. 1963 Chevrolet truck seat belts were the same as the passenger car rear seat belts according to the accessory book.


1963 C10
In the Gallery

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0